Summer is here and the livin is easy. While I am soaking up the summer sun at an all day BBQ or hanging by the pool I crave something refreshing and delicious. Rose is delightful, but sometimes I am not in the mood to drink, yet I want to feel festive. I was recently inspired by this Beet Mint Lemonade I had Deru Market for brunch. So this MDW I was inspired to whip up my own version.
Ingredients: (enough for 2 drinks)
- 1 can of La Croix (Pampelmousse)
- 1 fresh beet (washed and skinned)
- 6 frozen strawberries
- Juice from 1 whole lemon
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- handful of ice
- In a blender (or juicer if you have), blend the beet, strawberries, lemon juice and mint until evenly blended
- Add ice and half of a La Croix to each cup, followed by the beet/strawberry/mint/lemon juice
- Garnish with extra mint & enjoy!
Although I didn't try it, I could see this drink being pretty tasty with a splash of vodka as well ;). The fresh beet and strawberries make this drink full of vitamin B, C & K as well as the beet and lemon bonafides that support liver detoxification.
Let me know your thoughts when you enjoy this summer mocktail (or cocktail).